Social Worker - Sacramento
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Social Worker Overview
Help to assist patients and families as they transition through an episode of care. Take a leadership role in patient care with one of our premier health care system clients.
Clinical Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Provides a range of clinical social work interventions that include advocacy, casework, counseling, crisis intervention, and care transitions management in assisting patients and families to reach their goals.
- Identify and create action plans to meet the social, psychosocial, environment and/or discharge planning needs of patients and families.
- Arranges and coordinates a comprehensive range of community resources; maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding resources and current financial information.
- Takes a leadership role in facilitation of interdisciplinary communication, guiding interdisciplinary team member interactions with patient/families experiencing complex psychosocial issues
- Identifies and initiates appropriate system change to enhance patient and family satisfaction
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to develop, manage and communicate plan of care and transition needs.
- Mentors internal members of the health care team on care transitions concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
Clinical Social Worker Qualifications:
- Current social work license
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work from an accredited social work program, master’s degree preferred
- Three years experience in a health care setting
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills