*CLOSED* Social Worker - Phoenix
Phoenix is the largest city in Arizona. Known for its year-round sun and warm temperatures, it is part of a sprawling, multi-city metro area known as the Valley of the Sun. Residents can enjoy poolside lounging and spa treatments—or golfing and active outdoor adventures. With a low unemployment rate, the Phoenix metropolitan area is a great place for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Phoenix job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Social Worker Overview
Help to assist patients and families as they transition through an episode of care. Take a leadership role in patient care with one of our premier health care system clients.
Clinical Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Provides a range of clinical social work interventions that include advocacy, casework, counseling, crisis intervention, and care transitions management in assisting patients and families to reach their goals.
- Identify and create action plans to meet the social, psychosocial, environment and/or discharge planning needs of patients and families.
- Arranges and coordinates a comprehensive range of community resources; maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding resources and current financial information.
- Takes a leadership role in facilitation of interdisciplinary communication, guiding interdisciplinary team member interactions with patient/families experiencing complex psychosocial issues
- Identifies and initiates appropriate system change to enhance patient and family satisfaction
- Collaborates with all members of the healthcare team to develop, manage and communicate plan of care and transition needs.
- Mentors internal members of the health care team on care transitions concepts. Facilitates integration of concepts into daily practice.
Clinical Social Worker Qualifications:
- Current social work license
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work from an accredited social work program, master’s degree preferred
- Three years experience in a health care setting
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills