Registered Nurse - Senior Communities - Sacramento
Registered Nurse - Senior Communities
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our client has upheld the highest standards for patient-centered care and is searching for a new Registered Nurse to add their expertise to a thriving organization!
Registered Nurse - Senior Communities Summary:
- Assesses residents initially and ongoing to ensure residents needs can be met by the assisted living community and performs the following according to policies and procedures and federal, state and location requirements
- Monitors overall health status of residents and document observations and care provided to residents appropriately
- Collaborates, monitors, documents and provides health related services in assisted living according to resident service plan
- Uses assessment information for admission and continued stay in the assisted living community
- Ensures all residents meet assisted living qualifications as identified in the occupancy agreement
- Establishes a service plan for each resident and evaluates on an on-going basis.
- Responsible for initial and annual instruction and competency verification of unlicensed staff
- Responsible for overall management of medications, including set up of medications or delegating the administration of medications following State specific rules and providing clinical support regarding unusual resident or staff events or medication issues
- Works under the direction of the supervising RN, performs tasks as delegated
- Reports changes to RN supervisor or appropriate healthcare provider for direction and consultation
- Provides and documents educational in-services in health related areas
Registered Nurse - Senior Communities Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Licensure for state of practice is required
- Prior work experience in like or related position may be helpful