Registered Nurse - Psychiatry / Mental Health - Sacramento
Registered Nurse (RN)
Psych / Mental Health
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Come explore your passion for serving in the field of Mental Health on a world class team!
Registered Nurse - Psych / Mental Health Summary:
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with all relevant laws, regulations and policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements to achieve clinical, satisfaction and/or efficiency outcomes.
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles of the patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) and utilizes the nursing process to coordinate outcome focused patient care.
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team and other disciplines regarding the plan of care.
- Identifies and documents learning needs of the patient and family and provides individualized education.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing, improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality, patient experience, nursing engagement and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes.
Registered Nurse - Psych / Mental Health Qualifications:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Associate's degree in Nursing required. BSN/BAN degree preferred
- Valid license to practice registered nursing
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) through the American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers
- Medical surgical experience preferred
- One year of inpatient RN mental health experience preferred