Registered Nurse - Podiatry - Sacramento
Registered Nurse - Podiatry
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our client is seeking a Registered Nurse to join our clinic. In this role you will perform specialized nursing procedures specifically related to foot care. We are seeking an energetic RN with strong skills and assessment experience. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, strong at multi-tasking and dedicated to high quality patient care.
Registered Nurse - Clinic - Podiatry Responsibilities:
- Develops and/or contributes to the individualized plan of care that reflects assessment, planning, implementing, and evaluating the outcomes of that plan.
- Ensures plan shows multidisciplinary planning, consultation, and education.
- Ensures plan is reflective of admission or outpatient database, on-going findings, age appropriate care, cultural specific needs, and appropriate acuity.
- Ensures plan is discussed with patient, family/significant others, and completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan.
- Revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice.
- Ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient clearly understands discharge instructions. In outpatient, identify barriers and needs for patient/family education that will facilitate the outpatient medical management plan.
- Ensures patient safety related but not limited to, medications and procedures utilizing the five rights; patient falls; decubitus prevention and prevention of nosocomial infections.
- Ensures optimal pain control and patient comfort; identifies and discusses patient anxieties, fears or concerns regarding patient condition, treatment or discharge.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, and administration instructions in the hospital as well as at the time of discharge.
Registered Nurse - Clinic - Podiatry Requirements:
- RN license required
- Demonstrated clinical competencies related to the provision of foot care preferred
- Previous experience with Geriatric and Diabetic populations considered an asset
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with patients, staff and providers.