Registered Nurse - Operating Room - Sacramento
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Operating Room Nurses care for patients before, during and after surgery. They work alongside surgical teams and act as a liaison between them and the patient's family. OR nurses also equip patients and their families for postoperative care.
Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room Responsibilities:
- Implements protective measures prior to operative or invasive procedure.
- Implements protective measures to prevent skin or tissue injury due to thermal, mechanical, electrical and chemical sources.
- Uses supplies and equipment within safe parameters.
- Administers prescribed medications and solutions.
- Provides for safe patient transfer
- Applies principles of aseptic technique
- Establishes and maintains sterile fields
- Performs skin preparations
- Administers care to wound site
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization methods
- Implements, monitors and evaluates thermoregulation measures
- Serves as scrub person during operative procedures
Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room Qualifications:
- One year recent OR/RN circulating experience in a multi-specialty setting
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- CNOR - preferred
- RN License
- STRONGLY PREFER BSN