Registered Nurse - Oncology - Sacramento
Registered Nurse (RN)
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
The registered nurse on the oncology floor are responsible and accountable for patient assessment, analysis, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention application, and the identification and evaluation of outcomes for patients of all ages and populations through cancer treatments.
Registered Nurse - Oncology Responsibilities:
- Collects, prioritizes, and synthesizes comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or situation
- Analyzes assessment data to determine nursing diagnoses
- Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
- Evaluates the patient’s progress towards attainment of the outcome
- Collaborates with patient, family, and other healthcare workers
Registered Nurse - Oncology Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current RN licensure
- Basic Life Support (per American Heart Association guidelines)
- 1 year of acute oncology experience preferred