Registered Nurse - Med/Surg - Sacramento
Registered Nurse (RN)
Med / Surg RN
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
The registered nurse in the medical surgical unit is responsible and accountable for patient assessment, analysis, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention application, and the identification and evaluation of outcomes for patients of all ages and populations with a variety of conditions.
Registered Nurse Med / Surg Summary:
- Responsible for providing compassionate quality care that is patient and family focused
- Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, evaluates, and documents care of patients according to hospital and care center policies and standards of professional nursing practices
- Accountable for the quality of nursing services delivered
- Defines, implements, and improves practice standards and environment of care while promoting exceptional patient care
- Assesses care needs of patients and families utilizing the nursing process
- Determines nursing diagnosis focused on care and identifies patient outcomes
- Develops patient care plan
- Ensures patients are discharged with resolved educational needs.
- Delegates tasks per the expectations defined by the state nurse practice act based on the knowledge, skills and abilities of the designated caregiver.
- Identifies and responds promptly to emergency situations.
- Recognizes and complies with legal and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
Registered Nurse Med / Surg Qualifications:
- Associates degree in nursing; Bachelor's degree in nursing is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of one year RN experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in high stress situations, acts quickly in response to critical situations.
- Knowledge of nursing theory and practice and primary care principles and practice.
- Current licensure and registration as an RN in the state
- Current BLS certification for all areas of nursing practice required.