Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit - Sacramento
Registered Nurse (RN)
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
The registered nurse in the Intensive Care Unit is responsible and accountable for patient assessment, analysis, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention application, and the identification and evaluation of outcomes for patients of all ages and populations.
Registered Nurse - ICU Summary:
- Provide for those who require intensive care—includes medical and surgical patients, including: transplant (solid organ, blood and marrow, auto-islet), neurology, neurosurgery, pulmonary and ENT, hematology and oncology, orthopedic, and trauma.
- Provide care to those who require close observation and monitoring.
- Perform advanced monitoring using current technology.
- Manage complex medication and infusion therapies.
- Care for patients undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/interventions on the unit.
- Demonstrate ability to safely and accurately operate unit equipment.
Registered Nurse - ICU Qualifications:
- RN licensure and BLS.
- A minimum of one year current acute nursing experience.
- Preferred: BSN and one year current ICU or Critical Care experience.
- Certification in related specialty is highly desired.