*CLOSED* Registered Nurse - Hospital Night Shift - Madison
Registered Nurse - Hospital - Night Shift
Madison is the state capital of Wisconsin. Located just west of Milwaukee, in Dane County, it is the second-largest city in Wisconsin. Madison is consistently ranked near the top of the “best places to live” list. With a low unemployment rate, Madison is a great place for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Madison job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Do you share our client's mission in providing an exceptional patient care that promotes recovery in a compassionate environment? We are searching for a qualified Registered Nurse to join the team and become part of a dynamic environment.
Registered Nurse - Hospital Responsibilities:
- Perform in-person assessments of people with acute health concerns to determine a safe, timely and appropriate disposition using evidence-based best practice guidelines, decision support tools, and nursing protocols
- Provide patient education, follow-up care, medications, and wound care as ordered or under protocol.
- Respond to emergency situations and urgent patient needs
- Administer care and treatment to patients as directed by providers
- Provide follow-ups for abnormal labs and emergency room and hospital discharges
- Consult with providers and other disciplines for specific patient needs and for overall clinic flow
- Perform procedures such as EKGs, peak flows, spirometry, dressing changes, vision and hearing screenings, ear wash, and assessments appropriate to visit type
- Conduct thorough and timely pre-visit planning for each encounter according to standards
- Assist with procedures, medical needs and patient education as they arise: EKGs, start an IV, same day referrals, lab follow up, hospital transfers, or other orders
- Interview patients, checks vital signs, performs assessments appropriate to patient age and visit type, obtains consents, prints out lab reports, hospital discharge summaries, and related documents
Registered Nurse - Hospital Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited RN program and current RN license
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that requires sitting, standing, and walking, with frequently changing priorities. Must be able to be flexible and multitask
- High-level communications skills to work with patients, staff, providers, and outside agencies
- Proficiency in electronic tools with the -EMR to communicate with providers