Registered Nurse - Health Coach - Sacramento
Registered Nurse - Health Coach
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
This is your opportunity to join a great company culture! Our client is seeking a RN to work telephonically with patients to establish activity, health and wellness goals, and then motivate, support, and monitor progress through ongoing coaching.
Health Coach RN Summary:
- Responsible for providing telephonic health coaching and education to members living with chronic conditions
- Assist in efforts to improve HEDIS rates, improve health outcomes, and support the Chronic Condition Improvement Program, NCQA accreditation and CMS Stars initiatives
- Provide individual telephonic health coaching and management to members with chronic conditions.
- Utilize motivational interviewing, active listening and health behavior change techniques during telephonic coaching sessions with members
- Assist members in reaching personal health related goals
- Provide education to members as it relates to their chronic condition
- Accept and provide referrals to/from disease management, case management, hospitals, clinics and other available resources
- Communicate regularly with members, providers, case managers and other health care team members also engaged in the members’ care
- Implement strategies to reach and maintain DM program goals and improve HEDIS rates
Health Coach RN Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse, BSN preferred
- Current and unrestricted RN license
- Two years’ experience in disease management or chronic condition management
- Experience with individual behavior change management and motivational interviewing
- Experience working with individuals who have chronic conditions that foster self-management
- Managed care experience with a focus on health coaching individuals with comorbid conditions
- Experience working with multi-cultural and variable socioeconomic populations highly desired
- Health coaching certification