Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Therapy - Madison
Occupational Therapist (OT)
Inpatient Therapy - Hospital-based
Madison is the state capital of Wisconsin. Located just west of Milwaukee, in Dane County, it is the second-largest city in Wisconsin. Madison is consistently ranked near the top of the “best places to live” list. With a low unemployment rate, Madison is a great place for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Madison job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our team is recruiting Occupational Therapists in the area who are interested in helping patients achieve their independence and reach their goals in a hospital setting.
Occupational Therapist – OT Responsibilities:
- Compiles results of patient assessments are used as baseline measurements to determine the kind of care required to meet a patient’s initial needs, as well as his/her needs as they change in response to care
- Provides excellent patient treatment that is individualized and consistent with the results of evaluations and plan of care within the in-patient setting
- Occupational Therapist involves patients, significant others and other caregivers in treatment planning execution and revision of treatment program
- Completes evaluations on patients seen in Occupational Therapy that are thorough, efficient and patient centered
- Record on an ongoing basis, treatment rendered, progress and changes in status relative to care
Occupational Therapist – OT Qualifications:
- Licensed to practice Occupational Therapy in the state
- BS, MS or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy, masters or higher preferred
- 2+ years of experience, however strong new grads considered.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to function independently as an interdisciplinary team member
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic Life Support certification