Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatry / Mental Health - Sacramento
Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatry / Mental Health
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our team is recruiting individuals interested in exploring their passion for serving in the field of psychiatry!
Nurse Practitioner – Psych / Mental Health Responsibilities:
- Manages patient treatment plan in conjunction with the team. Initiates treatment via orders, prescriptions, diagnostic tests, exams and procedures.
- Provides follow up psychiatric consultation for inpatient mental health cases as well as medical/surgical consultative cases in the house.
- Provides mental health assessment for patients in collaboration with the treating psychiatrist and team.
- Under the general direction of a psychiatrist, will evaluate for psychotropic medication administration and management.
- Will conduct and document follow up and discharge management for hospitalized patients.
- Provides counseling, education and referral for ongoing treatment or follow up care.
- Obtains patient history and documents the mental health assessment in collaboration with the treating psychiatrist.
- Functions in a calm manner during stressful, emergency or crisis situations.
Nurse Practitioner – Psych / Mental Health Qualifications:
- Certified Nurse Practitioner with current license to practice in the state
- Previous psychiatric experience is strongly preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required