Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatry / Mental Health - Dallas
Nurse Practitioner – Psychiatry / Mental Health
With a population of over 2.3 million, Dallas County is Texas’ second-most populated county. Its size and low unemployment rate make it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting—Dallas job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our team is recruiting individuals interested in exploring their passion for serving in the field of psychiatry!
Nurse Practitioner – Psych / Mental Health Responsibilities:
- Manages patient treatment plan in conjunction with the team. Initiates treatment via orders, prescriptions, diagnostic tests, exams and procedures.
- Provides follow up psychiatric consultation for inpatient mental health cases as well as medical/surgical consultative cases in the house.
- Provides mental health assessment for patients in collaboration with the treating psychiatrist and team.
- Under the general direction of a psychiatrist, will evaluate for psychotropic medication administration and management.
- Will conduct and document follow up and discharge management for hospitalized patients.
- Provides counseling, education and referral for ongoing treatment or follow up care.
- Obtains patient history and documents the mental health assessment in collaboration with the treating psychiatrist.
- Functions in a calm manner during stressful, emergency or crisis situations.
Nurse Practitioner – Psych / Mental Health Qualifications:
- Certified Nurse Practitioner with current license to practice in the state
- Previous psychiatric experience is strongly preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required