Nurse Practitioner - Geriatrics - Sacramento
Nurse Practitioner - Geriatrics
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our client is a growing practice that provides care to patients in the Long-Term Care and Sub-Acute settings. We are seeking a compassionate nurse practitioner with drive and clinical confidence to take on new challenges and is interested in working in a culture of ongoing learning and support. If you are looking to make a lasting impression on the geriatric population, this is your opportunity!
Nurse Practitioner - Geriatrics Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively as a member of the medical staff and interdisciplinary team to provide exceptional patient care
- Play a critical role in managing the medical needs of skilled nursing and assisted living facility residents
- Provide primary and preventative care, verify admission orders and conduct initial assessment, conduct Physical exams, medication review, and depression screenings
- Coordinate with the interdisciplinary team, reconcile medications, and order labs
Nurse Practitioner - Geriatrics Requirements:
- Passion for serving the Senior Population
- Master's or Doctorate in nursing
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the state
- Experience providing Geriatric and/or Primary Care is preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner is preferred