Director of Operations - Healthcare - Indianapolis
Director of Operations
As the state capital, Indianapolis is the most populous city in Indiana. Downtown Indianapolis boasts the largest employment cluster in Indiana, with nearly 43,000 jobs per square mile. With a low unemployment rate in Marion County, Indianapolis is a great area for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting—Greater Indianapolis job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
The Director of Operations will collaborate with leadership to develop and formalize an integrated service line throughout the healthcare system. The Director will have both an entrepreneurial focus and record of developing and growing the system, combined with a strong skill set and detail orientation for operations and development.
Director of Operations - Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with leadership, develop strategic plans for the entire system
- Define processes to clearly report quality and financial outcomes
- Identify key stakeholders (internal and external) in the community and develop a strategy to engage them
- Integrate and align business entities to ensure system movement toward an accountable care organization.
- Develop near and long term financial goals for system growth; responsible for coordinating appropriate growth for patient benefit and system efficiencies.
- Initiate outreach programs to support referral patterns of community based physicians
- Develop marketing efforts that affect community directed referral patterns.
- Ensure system-wide development, adoption, and reporting of consistent clinical and financial metrics.
- Ensure that financial impact contributes to the overall financial health of the system
- Ensures that the human, financial and material resources are mobilized and aligned to produce successful operational results and the building of a competitive market advantage in the following areas; financial outcomes, customer service, work force (physician & support staff) capability and involvement and systems processes & cultural development.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of workforce plans that are aligned with business goals and result in capable and engaged employees; seek and mentor high performers for growth opportunities.
Director of Operations - Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare, business management or a related field
- MBA, MPH, MHA or comparable advanced degree preferred
- 5 years of experience in healthcare management with progressive operational experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex, matrixed operations
- Demonstrated track record in leading and delegating a team with accountability and successful achievement of superior patient care, operations, and financial results
- Skilled decision making capability that allows for openness, resolution, and ethical decision making, with high personal integrity; together these attributes create, build and foster trust within and across multiple entities