Director of Nursing - Skilled Nursing Facility - Indianapolis
Director of Nursing - Skilled Nursing Facility
As the state capital, Indianapolis is the most populous city in Indiana. Downtown Indianapolis boasts the largest employment cluster in Indiana, with nearly 43,000 jobs per square mile. With a low unemployment rate in Marion County, Indianapolis is a great area for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting—Greater Indianapolis job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Are you an experienced nursing professional ready to expand your career into nursing leadership? On Time Talent Solutions is currently seeking a Registered Nurse to fill an opening for a Director of Nursing at a skilled nursing facility. Interested candidates should preferably have 2 years of experience working as a Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities of the Skilled Nursing Facility Director of Nursing:
- Maintain and implement total nursing care of patients of the facility
- Orient, instruct and supervise personnel and functions including for registered nurses, licensed professional nurses, nursing assistants, and other clinical staff
- Maintain supplies and adequate equipment for the skilled nursing facility
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State and local standards and regulations to assure quality outcomes of care.
- Coordinate and maintain the MDS and care planning process
- Attend or conduct patient care conferences for residents
Education and Requirements of the Skilled Nursing Facility Director of Nursing:
- 2 years of experience as a Director of Nursing is strongly preferred within a skilled nursing facility.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed by the state.
- Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing when directing the care of residents.