Director of Nursing - Home Care - Sacramento
Director of Nursing - Home Care
The city of Sacramento is the capital of California, with a population of over 500,000. The broader Sacramento metro area is home to over 2.4 million residents. Sacramento is a major center for healthcare, with world-renowned UC Davis School of Medicine close by, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Sacramento job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Do you have a strong knowledge base of federal, state, and local guidelines? Put your knowledge and skills to great use as our client’s new Director of Nursing within their Home Care Agency. Interested candidates should preferably have 2 years of experience working as a Director of Nursing or 5+ years of experience within home care.
Director of Nursing - Home Care Responsibilities:
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State and local standards and regulations to assure quality outcomes of care
- Orient, instruct and supervise personnel and functions including for registered nurses, licensed professional nurses, and nursing assistants
- Maintain supplies and adequate equipment
- Coordinate and maintain the MDS and care planning process
- Attend or conduct patient care conferences for residents of the AL
- Explain procedures and treatments to clients to gainfor patient education to alleviate apprehension.
- Maintain and implement total nursing care of residents
Director of Nursing - Home Care Requirements:
- 2 years of experience as a Director of Nursing is strongly preferred with a Home Care Agency
- Must be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed by the state
- Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing when directing the care of residents