Director of Nursing - Assisted Living - Indianapolis
Director of Nursing - Assisted Living
As the state capital, Indianapolis is the most populous city in Indiana. Downtown Indianapolis boasts the largest employment cluster in Indiana, with nearly 43,000 jobs per square mile. With a low unemployment rate in Marion County, Indianapolis is a great area for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting—Greater Indianapolis job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is currently seeking an experienced nursing leader to fill an opening for a Director of Nursing with a local Assisted Living Facility. Interested candidates should preferably have 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse and experience working as a Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities of the Director of Nursing:
- Maintain and implement total nursing care of residents
- Orient, instruct and supervise personnel and functions including for registered nurses, licensed professional nurses, and nursing assistants
- Maintain supplies and adequate equipment
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State and local standards and regulations to assure quality outcomes of care.
- Coordinate and maintain the MDS and care planning process
- Attend or conduct patient care conferences for residents of the AL
Education and Requirements of the Director of Nursing:
- Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing when directing the care of residents.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed by the state.
- 2 years of experience as a Director of Nursing is strongly preferred within an assisted living.