Director of Nursing - Assisted Living - Boston
Director of Nursing - Assisted Living
Boston is Massachusetts’ capital and one of the oldest cities in the U.S. The Greater Boston area ranks as the tenth-largest metro area in the country. It includes Boston, Cambridge, Framingham, Nashua, Newton, Peabody, Quincy and Waltham. With a low unemployment rate, this historic area is a great place for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Greater Boston job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is currently seeking an experienced nursing leader to fill an opening for a Director of Nursing with a local Assisted Living Facility. Interested candidates should preferably have 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse and experience working as a Director of Nursing.
Responsibilities of the Director of Nursing:
- Maintain and implement total nursing care of residents
- Orient, instruct and supervise personnel and functions including for registered nurses, licensed professional nurses, and nursing assistants
- Maintain supplies and adequate equipment
- Maintain compliance with Federal, State and local standards and regulations to assure quality outcomes of care.
- Coordinate and maintain the MDS and care planning process
- Attend or conduct patient care conferences for residents of the AL
Education and Requirements of the Director of Nursing:
- Must possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing when directing the care of residents.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, currently licensed by the state.
- 2 years of experience as a Director of Nursing is strongly preferred within an assisted living.