Director of Billing / Revenue Cycle - Indianapolis
Director of Billing / Revenue Cycle
As the state capital, Indianapolis is the most populous city in Indiana. Downtown Indianapolis boasts the largest employment cluster in Indiana, with nearly 43,000 jobs per square mile. With a low unemployment rate in Marion County, Indianapolis is a great area for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting—Greater Indianapolis job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
The Director of Revenue Cycle and Billing is an integral member of the leadership team and is responsible for the overall performance of the centralized business operations. This position provides leadership, staff development, and budgeting in accordance with policies and procedures and related regulations.
Director of Billing / Revenue Cycle Responsibilities
- Leadership responsibilities for Billing, Coding and Patient Financial Services departments
- Effectively recruit, hire, coach, train, and develop Business Office Management team
- Evaluate, develop, and implement solutions for strategic growth
- Develop and implement solutions to optimize revenue collections
- Primary point of contact and leadership responsibilities for clinicians and leadership as it relates to centralized Patient and Billing Operations
- Evaluate and develop data driven action plans for efficient, ethical, and productive business practices that lead to patient, employee and physician satisfaction
- Develop short and long term objectives and goals to ensure readiness for regulatory and industry changes
- Develop and maintain written operational policies and procedures to ensure consistent processes for business office operations
- Employee performance management Communicate with and manage internal and external business partner relations
- Assist in identifying, recommending, and implementing operational changes that will improve service, productivity, quality, and/or financial performance of the organization.
- Any and all other duties as assigned
Director of Billing / Revenue Cycle Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 5 years of experience in Billing and Revenue Cycle
- 3 years of supervisory and/or leadership experience in healthcare