Chief Medical Officer - MD / DO - Boston
Chief Medical Officer - MD / DO
Boston is Massachusetts’ capital and one of the oldest cities in the U.S. The Greater Boston area ranks as the tenth-largest metro area in the country. It includes Boston, Cambridge, Framingham, Nashua, Newton, Peabody, Quincy and Waltham. With a low unemployment rate, this historic area is a great place for talented healthcare professionals to live. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Greater Boston job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the health services programs to include supervision of the clinical staff and provision of direct patient care.
Chief Medical Officer - Responsibilities:
- Participates in strategic planning and organizational development with the executive team and provides clinical expertise and leadership in the design and implementation of new projects and innovations across the system.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the clinical functions of the organization and including development and implementation of policies and procedures pertaining to clinical staff and services.
- Ensures timely access to high quality medical services for patients through clinical systems improvement, recruitment and retention of providers and oversight of the quality improvement initiative.
- Works collaboratively with the CFO and COO and is responsible for provider productivity to ensure financial objectives are met.
- Provides leadership, strategy, and vision around practice transformation ensuring that our clinical model addresses patient needs.
- Leads initiatives to refine, implement and create clinical policies and procedures.
Chief Medical Officer - Qualifications:
- Must be a board certified, licensed physician.
- 6+ years of post-residency clinical experience.
- Leadership/supervisory as a licensed physician